Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Oscar Green Room Excitement!

As it gets closer and closer to Oscar time, I get more and more excited to see the spectacle of it all.  The celebrities all dressed up - the most exciting ones as walking bill boards for Harry Winston with all that sparkly bling!

But I have to admit, the show is a bit of a let down for me as half the time I don't even recognize the names of the movies that have been nominated. I know...I am terrible!!  But the one thing I do look forward to seeing is the green room. 


Architectural Digest picks a designer every year to design the room where the celebrities will hang out before appearing on stage and every year it is really fun to see the inspiration and design for the room.  

This year Madeline Sturart was selected for the honor.  Her inspiration for the room is the art director Cedric Gibbons who retired with almost 1500 films including The Wizzard of Oz.  He is also credited with creating the coveted Oscar statuette.

This was last years Architectural Digest gorgeous green room inspired by the 1930's and 1940's designed by Waldo Fernandez.

I know where I'll be Sunday night!

Cheers!
Becky


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment