Monday, September 19, 2011

The Frances Elkins Loop Chair

Just as I was brainstorming the perfect desk chair to accompany my awesome new Mary McDonald desk, this set of Frances Elkins style loop chairs popped up on One Kings Lane.... for $4,995!  


This beauty works as a side chair, dining chair, or a desk chair... and to me, is always the most stunning thing in the room...

Elle Decor

Coastal Living

via Chinoiserie Chic

Elle Decor

Meg Braff

Mary Mcee

James Andrew

James Andrew

Downtown offers a fabulous interpretation (I actually prefer the simplicity of the base in comparison to the original), and the lacquered finish is available in any Benjamin Moore color!


Alternatively, these faux alligator covered Elkins are available at 1st Dibs for $6,800 (and that's just for two!).

Or you could grab these four, also for $6,800, and also from 1st Dibs...


What do you think?  Worth the hefty price tag?
Deb

What would it take to convince the folks at Target, or even Ballard Designs, to create a copy? 

1 comment:

  1. I love the design of that chair. I'd love one for my little desk area just because of its shape :)

    ReplyDelete