Monday, August 30, 2010

Twin Living

Ever since we moved from Manhattan to the suburbs three years ago, I've made sure my twins each have their own bedroom.  They share almost everything else in life - birthday, teachers, friends, toys - so I want them to each have their own space that is theirs and theirs alone.

About two weeks ago, however, one of my girls moved her mattress onto the floor in her sister's room and has been there ever since:



Here's the abandoned box spring in her own room:


I'm pretty sure the move has to do with some anxiety and nervousness over starting kindergarten, but I've begun to wonder if this is permanent and I should move the whole headboard and box spring.

Here's how two of my favorite bloggers created beautiful bedrooms for their girls to share...

Christina of the blog Full House transformed this bedroom for her twin daughters for less than $250!  (She has triplet boys at home too!)  Click here for the details and sources.






And Jenny of Little Green Notebook created this beautiful bedroom for two of her three daughters.  For details, click here:





Check back for tomorrow for my round-up of designer twin bedrooms!

3 comments:

  1. Laura Leslie-CroneyAugust 30, 2010 at 8:47 AM

    Beautiful big girl bedrooms! Do you have any bunk bed photos? I'd like to bring some cohesion to the kid's room, but can't find any comforters I like that satisfy both kids. Our two share a bedroom with Joey on the top bunk and Annabelle on the bottom. Loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My four year old twins totally bunk up! I don't think they would want to be separated, although I'm convinced that Henry would get more sleep if Charlie weren't in the same room ... although - who am I kidding - Charlie would just go into Henry's room the second he woke up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute they want to sleep together! Their rooms are adorable!

    ReplyDelete