Thursday, December 8, 2011

Trending: Matryoshka Dolls

The cutest Matryoshka doll (or Russian nesting doll) baby blanket popped up on Joss and Main yesterday, reduced from $125 to $49.95.  We saw these adorable blankets at the NYIGF in August, and I just fell in love with them.  


I've always loved nesting dolls, and remember being fascinated with my grandmother's set as a young child.  So I'm getting a kick out of seeing them pop up everywhere lately, especially for the holiday season!

Crate and Barrel and Williams-Sonoma offer adorable ornaments and cookies this Christmas...




I picked up these sweet nesting cups for my youngest daughter for Christmas (yes, more for me than for her, especially since I just noticed they say "for adult use only" on the box).


Fred's Flare also features these other Matryoshka-themed kitchen items...




And from designer Thomas Paul...



There's about a billion variations on the Matryoshka theme out there which replace another animal or image for the doll.  I picked up this sock monkey variation for one of my daughters me for Christmas too.

And my hedgehog obsessed twin would got nuts for this set, from etsy!


At least I didn't go as far as ordering these for our family card this year!


What are you obsessing over this Christmas?
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment