Monday, January 9, 2012

Ski Envy: Aerin Lauder's Aspen Home

I feel like I'm a little late to the game - I live in New England, yet waited 6 (almost 7) years to introduce my girls to skiing (gasp).  The good news?  They fell in love with the sport immediately, and can't wait to go again (in five days).  The bad news?  It's darn expensive, and after paying for lessons, gear, and lift tickets, it's highly unlikely I'll be spending my winters in an Aspen chalet like Aerin Lauders...

The stunning home of the cosmetic heiress, as photographed by Vogue, lets the natural environment take center stage.  I'm loving the restrained neutrals and rich textures that serve to give the home such warm depth...










The only place Lauder brings bold color into the home?  The mudroom!  Guess the ski wear companies weren't cooperating with her design scheme!


Have a great day,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment