Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Shut Out! Jason Wu for Target

Did you get shut out too?  Lord knows, I wasn't about to cyber-stalk Target's online site but I have to admit I was very curious to see what Jason Wu had up his sleeve for Target. The stealth launching of his collection last night took everyone by surprise - apparently to avoid the whole Missoni website crash...yet the Jason Wu for Target collection sold out in hours.

You may remember that Jason Wu designed Michelle Obama's beautiful white Inaugural dress...


 ...which now resides in the Smithsonian:


And since then, Jason Wu designs has been frequently showing up on celebrities like Reese Witherspoon and Camilla Belle.




Seriously, if I had abs that looked like this, I'd rock this outfit too!!


Jason Wu's collection for Target was inspired by a French 1960's theme...



...a big difference from his couture line as seen on the celebs above!



Seems like Target has had much success partnering with well known couture designers.  I wonder who's up next?!?

And for you fashionistas - Jason Wu's spring show is this Friday at Fashion Week in NYC. I don't know about you, but I am very curious to see the new collection!

Cheers!
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment