Friday, November 30, 2012

Update: The Bathroom

So happy to have my accent wallpaper installed in the powder room last evening!  


I'm in looovve.... and slightly nervous to hear my husband's reaction.  Yes, the husband who never asked why only three of the walls of the bathroom were painted one color, the husband who let the wallpaper hanger in the house and was here for the entire two hours he worked, the husband who peered around the corner to offer the wallpaper hanger a drink half way through the job without looking at the wallpaper.  That husband!


The pedestal sink and toilet will be installed here, hopefully tomorrow...


The faux bamboo mirror will be rehung under the light fixture (which won't work again until Christmas when my dad comes to change the 3 burnt out light bulbs)...


I'm going to hang this Taiwanese block print piece, which I just lifted from my parents' place in NYC (with my mom's permission), on the opposing, painted wall.  Unless my dad notices it when he's changing the light bulbs at Christmas and wants it back.


Have a great weekend!
Deb

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. It looks amazing! And I'm thinking maybe we're related, because I think your husband and mine might be brothers separated at birth ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the way it turned out - and if your husband is anything like mine, he won't "get it" until the vanity and toilet are installed, so maybe cordon off with police tape until then? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb- This looks AMAZING! Cannot wait to see it live!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! So very cool. It must be nice to decorate your own house for a change. Can't wait to see the finished product. Kim

    ReplyDelete