Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Shopping Your Favorite Hotels

I discovered a fun web site the other night when googling around after some hotels I'd been eyeing from Travel and Leisure.  This is really why I read Travel and Leisure - I love checking out the interior designs of various hotels around the world, even though I'm not likely visiting them anytime soon.  Hotel eye candy, that's my thing.

Through a site called Discover and Deliver, you can shop the furnishings, lighting and accessories gracing some of the world's finest luxury hotels and restaurants.  For example, if you were lucky enough to take a ski holiday at the French Hotel Altapura...



...and wanted to create the look in your New England center- entrance colonial, you're in luck (um, kind of).  Discover and Deliver can source you the Cortina armchair and Grizzli stool.



If you prefer sunny beaches to snowy slopes, you can venture over to the W Hotel Miami's offerings...


...including these versatile Tulip family lamps...

...or get inspired in the lounge by Diane Von Furstenberg's funky climbing leopard rug...



Or conversely, you can start with a piece, such as Tom Dixon's copper shade pendant, and see it in different hotel settings...


I'm not a huge fan of it as used in the Smythe Tribeca Hotel in New York...


...but I'm digging it in the Dock Kitchen in London...


Have fun poking around Discover and Deliver!
Deb

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment