Monday, May 3, 2010

Designer Spotlight: Molly Luetkemeyer

I've been getting some huge laughs this season from ABC's break-out comedy Modern Family.  Like laugh out loud so my husband comes to check on me from another room laughs.  Julie Bowen's character Claire Dunphy serves as the voice of a reason amid some seriously random/dysfunctional/absurd/ hilarious family members and scenarios.  I love her on the show, but I really love her Studio City home, designed by her wildly talented sister Molly Luetkemeyer.

Bowen's home was featured in last month's InStyle Magazine

These bookshelves are perfection.  I love the color she painted the back, and the grouping of the books paired with interesting art and those sweet turquoise foo dogs.

Bowen has baby twins at home.  As a mother of 5 year old twins, I'd like to respectfully suggest she stocks up on some of this to protect that incredible display:


I adore the mirrors Luetkemeyer used in her sister's dining room (though the chair fabric is a little too abstract for me), and in another commercial project below.  If anyone knows where to get mirrors like this, you are compelled to leave a comment with details!


Check out how Luetkemeyer incorporates lucite coffee and console tables in the portfolio images below. 


I have this same zebra rug in my sitting room.  This image is seriously making me consider lucite instead of the leather tables I have there now.  Pros:  you can see even more of the zebra rug.  Cons:  you can see even more of the zebra rug, so my husband would likely file papers.

Philippe Starck's Louis Ghost Armchair earning its name in Luetkemeyer's work below:


And further examples of Luetemeyer's penchant for styling incredible bookshelves:



To see more of Molly Luetekemeyer's noteworty portfolio, click here.
Enjoy!
Deb

1 comment:

  1. love all of the bookshelves...can never have enough!

    ReplyDelete