Monday, May 24, 2010

Sex and the City 2: The Interiors

As I'm sure aware, if you're reading this and alive, Sex and the City 2 opens Thursday of this week!  I have a soft spot for Sex and the City - I lived in Manhattan during its HBO heydey, and frequently bumped into their production trucks all over the Upper East and West Sides.  Charlotte's first wedding was filmed right across the street from my old apartment, and I met Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick (for about 3 seconds) at a New York City Ballet event one night (they were both lovely, and both super tiny).

While much attention will be paid to the undoubtedly fabulous costume designs draping the lovely ladies, I am personally anxious to check out the interior sets created by production designer Jeremy Conway and set decorator Lydia Marks. 

Sneak Preview.....

A shot from Carrie and Big's dining room, looking into the kitchen.  How wild is that backsplash?  The fabric covering the dining chairs is Belgravia by Lee Jofa.

Check out the different colorways available.  I just ordered a remnant of the pink and orange off ebay for some unidentified future project in my youngest daughter's room.

Carrie lounging in her living room, among a uniquely arranged grouping of books on the coffee table...


The chair is offered through Bergdorf Goodman, designed in the 1940s by British-born architect and furniture designer T.H. Robsjohn Gibbings, and available for $16,500 (but don't worry, you get a pair for that!).


The pillow on the couch is the Birdie Blossom pillow by Paul Smith for the Rug Company, available for $495.  And that's just for one, my friends!



I *love* this shot of Carrie in her foyer.  Perfection!


The wallpaper, Oiseau in Chocolate by Katie Ridder, is both dainty and exotic.  You can see glimpses of it in the background in the next two shots. 



I've always been a huge fan of all things quatrefoil/Moroccan tile, so the fabric on Carrie/Big's headboard completely does it for me. 

It's called Velvet Gate Tuxedo, made by Kravet.

When the ladies travel to Abu Dhabi, the landscape/fashion/interior design eye-candy just gets even more amazing... I want *every item* in the background of the next shot (spoiler alert!) despite the fact that I don't know what it is, how much it is, or where I'd put it.



Enjoy the show!
Deb









No comments:

Post a Comment