Friday, June 24, 2011

Trendspotting: Grasscloth Ceiling

I've long been a huge fan of the textured elegance grasscloth wallcovering adds to a space.  We just used it in chocolate brown in a client's dining room, and the result is to die for!  So now of course I'm brainstorming other ways to creatively use grasscloth, and have been stopped in my tracks by images of it installed on the ceiling.

Depending on the tone and shade, the look can create a dramatic, showstopping "fifth wall", or conversely provide a subtle and airy finishing touch.  If you're thinking of using grasscloth (on your walls or your ceiling), just remember to expect a paneled feel due to the seams.

Sherril Canet

Eric Kohler via Odi et Amo

via Pinterest

McHale/Gordon

Traditional Home
Hamptons Showhouse

Have a great weekend!
Deb

1 comment:

  1. Wow - was going to put grasscloth wallpaper on my walls, and thinking high gloss ceiling, but now you've introduced me to a whole new perspective and I'm going to have to rethink it. Love these images.

    ReplyDelete