Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Out of a Rut!

I have been working on my bedroom for what seems like forever.  I was on a roll last fall when we finally pulled the trigger on some "new" antique Danish furniture which triggered a flurry of DIY projects like refinishing the bed and storage chest.  I had custom curtains made that I thought I loved (more on these later).  I added in some accessories and pfffffffttttttttd.  The wind was completely knocked out of my sails.  It was soo not what I was going for. It lacked drama and romance, it lacked the "me" feeling that we try so hard to achieve for our clients.

So I did what any sane person would do: start over.  Yep, I  removed all the elements from the room that were not working for me.  And only then started adding the pieces that I truly LOVE.  Not what I was able to get for a good deal (ahem, curtains...) or that someone else liked, but what really resonated with me.

I found these fabrics and am totally digging the color combination!


I found this print on Etsy that I adore because it reminds me of the weekend my now husband proposed in Paris.  It rained the entire time and this image captures it beautifully.  It also happens to bring together the relaxing spa-like color palette of the room. 

 

My new mother of pearl mirrors, crystal lamp and frames:


Mercury glass candle holders...


Greek key candles and flowers...




I still have a few things left to finish off the room like bedding and new curtains, but I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Sweet Dreams!
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment