Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Lara Spencer: I Break for Yard Sales

I remember in my years as a New Yorker watching Lara Spencer on the local news.  Later, she rose up to co-anchor Good Morning America, and (who knew) to become a de-facto expert on design and vintage finds.  Have you come across her new book "I Brake for Yard Sales (and Flea Markets, Thrift Shops, Auctions, and the Occasional Dumpster"?

How cute is the cover?  Lara looks amazing, and I love her dress and heels.  But seriously girlfriend, I've walked many a Brimfield field, and I know that outfit's not working out for any of us on the hunt for the best vintage finds!


OK - that's more like it, Lara!


The book looks super cute; I'll definitely pick it up...


Love the green campaign chest - a classic thrift find, post make-over...


I wonder if the boots are vintage...


I had to laugh, though, when asked in a House Beautiful interview if anything in her bedroom was from a flea market.  Her response?  That her nightstands came from Housing Works, "a terrific charity thrift shop".


Like many of you, I'm sure, I recognize it as Bungalow 5's Jacqui Side Table, which retails for about $900 (each).  


I guess rich people's thrift shops are really the best (and yes, we noticed you leaving empty-handed in the shot from Grandpa's attic)!

Deb

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment