Friday, June 29, 2012

Summer Trend: Roping It

If you've picked up any shelter, travel, or home magazine issue this (and every) summer, you might have noticed that every story seems to be feature the Hamptons.  I guess it's no wonder - pristine beaches, idyllic town centers, and of course the phenomenal real estate offerings make for some pretty amazing stories.

My favorite of those I've seen lately comes from August's Elle Decor, and features the home of designer-wife Athena and house-music DJ-husband (here's betting he's a bit cooler than my husband, me, or anyone we know) Victor Calderone.  I just love how they used woven Manila rope as a finishing treatment on the ceilings - what a great way to warm up this mid-century modern home!






Rope is always a popular summer house trend, and I particularly love it because it translates well to beach or lake homes.  I've always loved the rope as handrail idea...


Look how well Thom Filicia does it, with that amazing sailor's knot at the bottom!


Anthropolgie is featuring some sweet rope lighting this season...



And this mirror, from No. Four Eleven, is a cute and affordable touch for any summer pad...


Ever thought of wearing this summer decorating trend?



Have a great weekend!
Deb

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment