Thursday, May 13, 2010

Imperial Trellis for the Softcore DIY Enthusiast

If you love Kelly Wearstler's Imperial Trellis pattern, and regularly read design blogs, you may have come across some incredible do it yourself projects lately. 

Check out this stencilled (!) imperial trellis bedroom wall, patiently painted by Hello Gorgeous, who made the stencil herself:

This imperial trellis shade came out beautifully, spray painted by Kirsten at 6th Street Design School, after she spent hours creating the template below.



Mercifully, I had some imperial trellis wallpaper scraps leftover from my mudroom (see below), so I didn't have to create the pattern myself (perhaps handcutting imperial trellis could replace water boarding as the latest torture technique?).  I used the scraps to wallpaper the back of shelves in the kitchen, cover the front of chest drawers in the bathroom, and to create a piece of art with my twins' silhouettes, also for the bathroom.  These DIY projects are pretty accessible, involving nothing more than spray adhesive, mod podge, thumbtacks, and spray hi-shine glaze.  Contact me if you want more detailed instructions...

Mudroom

Kitchen


Bathroom

Before

After

Have you taken on any do-it-yourself projects lately?
Deb


3 comments:

  1. I love this pattern! I didn't know it had a name, so thank you! It looks a-maz-ing in your mudroom. Also... jealous of the idea of having a mudroom. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great uses for that classic pattern! I have this linked to my Imperial Trellis post as well today, nice job!

    ReplyDelete