Thursday, September 2, 2010

Look for Less: French Grain Sacks

As you know from yesterday's post, I have been obsessing over the "European Country" look.  In particular, I love the antique and sophisticated feel that comes from the use of grain sacks.  If you've tried to source any of these lately, you know the authentic ones are PRICEY.  (And all caps are really necessary!)  One pillow can be several hundred dollars.  A piece of furniture upholstered in an authentic grain sack can be several thousands of dollars.  Not exactly what I wanted to hear considering I am going to redo my bedroom in this style....So what's a gal to do?  Find an alternative of course!

Here are some drop dead gorgeous authentic pieces from Three Fine Grains:
And here are some looks for less:
Ballard Design $75




Pottery Barn  $99



Garnet Hill $48



Jolie Marche: Etsy <$40



And finally Horchow, which is not exactly "less" but fabulous nonetheless!





Happy Shopping!
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment