Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sneak Peek!

Many of you have been following along in my quest to "do" my bedroom.  I have changed directions not once but twice, and have finally started. There's no going back now!  Here is a sneak peek...these samples go everywhere I do!


You may remember the Secret Shopping post on The Country Gallery, an antique Scandinavian furniture store in Vermont.  My husband got up at 4am (god love him!) and drove there on Saturday to bring home our purchases.

Here are my new beauties!


They just don't make them like they used to - look at the carvings on this one!




Bow fronted dresser:


Cabriolet dresser: (sorry the photo is a little dark - but look at the legs and skirt on this one!)


We have already painted the bedroom Benjamin Moore "Edgecomb Gray, had new doors put on the closet, ordered new curtains, rug, and bedding and there is still so much to do!

This is as close to a "before" picture as I have:


This is the next piece to be painted, as I love the shape, but the sunflower just doesn't do it for me!


And this piece my husband and I just couldn't leave behind.  It now sits in our living room waiting to be "done".


 It looks fabulous with our antique settee:


Stay tuned for more developments...

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment