Monday, December 13, 2010

Eileen Kathryn Boyd in Lonny's Holiday Issue

Have you seen Lonny's mini-holiday issue yet?  It's small, but packs a big punch for sure.  The spread featuring the home of colorist and designer Eileen Kathryn Boyd is the single best thing I've seen come down the pipe from Lonny, or any other shelter magazine, lately.


Clearly Boyd is a master of color.  Notice how she weaves magenta, greens and blues flawlessly throughout the first floor of her Long Island home.



This art gallery wall features such interesting pieces that serve to unify the color scheme in the home.  I particularly love the Helen Frankenthaler painting that anchors the space.  I have a print of hers I purchased from One Kings Lane hanging over my littlest one's crib, and it makes the room!



I could be very happy enjoying my Kix here every morning!


If you've seen my powder room, you know I'm wild about silhouettes.  This vingette over the study sofa totally works, and I love how Boyd unexpectantly introduced orange with the owl sketch and sunburst pillows.


I wonder what it would take to talk my husband into a zebra runner for our hallways.



Sneak a peak across the hall into the pink and orange room of Boyd's daughter.  Notice how she used grograin ribbon and a glue gun to create that snappy border.  That DIY project is calling my name!



Every kid deserves a gallery wall like this to display their masterpieces.

If you're local to New York's Long Island, click here to check out Boyd's shop and showroom.

Check back tomorrow for a virtual holiday house tour by Kirsten from the fantastic blog 6th Street Design School!

Deb

2 comments:

  1. Ribbon on a wall - honestly that idea alone just opened up a host of options in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breath-taking! What does it mean to be a professional colorist?

    ReplyDelete