Thursday, December 1, 2011

Summer in December

Is anyone as confused as I am?  This past weekend we put up the Christmas tree and the outside lights in 60+ degree weather.  Earlier this week, it was closer to 70!  Might I remind you that we live north of Boston?!?  I can't remember another winter quite as wacky - my roses are still blooming and my daffodils have come up.  I'd say perhaps Mother Nature is as confused as I am ;).  It reminds me of the 18 months we spent living in Austin Texas. That year, we bought our Christmas tree wearing shorts and t-shirts.


As a result, I have to admit I am having a hard time getting in the "holiday" spirit.  Perhaps this is more the style I should be going for this year!!!


Okay, it is a little kitchy, but I do love a good shell theme...





Or maybe it will evolve into light airy neutrals, white and silver...


And if all else fails...

How are you getting "in the mood" for Christmas?

Cheers!
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment