Monday, February 13, 2012

Outfit to Room: The Grammys

Did you watch the Grammys last night?  I made it most of the way through, with Adele and Jennifer Hudson's riveting performances keeping me up later than usual.

I always enjoy the Red Carpet arrivals, and checking out the designer duds.  Here's my round-up of some of the night's most notable looks, and the interiors they remind me of!

Taylor Swift's sweeping Zuhair Murad gown is refined and elegant - just like the House Beautiful bedroom below...



Nicki Minaj and a Swiss Villa's master suite as showcased in Elle Decor.  While there's talent there, it's just over the top (in both cases!)...



Snooki and a William Frawley designed bedroom, as featured in Elle Decor.  Hard to look at, yet hard to look away...



Both Henson and the designer of this House Beautiful living room tempered their animal print with a healthy dose of pink.

Taraji P. Henson


Remember last week I mentioned that we are increasingly seeing black paired with navy blue?  It's a sexy and dramatic look for Adam Levine and Anne V, and the living room that follows...



More navy and black from Diana Krall and Elvis Costello... His shirt reminds me of Mary McDonald's iconic flooring...



Katy Perry's dress was panned by critics, but I kind of liked it.  I thought the silhouette was perfect, and I  enjoyed seeing her in something kind of girly and demure, like the sweet bedroom below.


via Pinterest

Swizz Beatz and Architectural Digest rocking purple velvet...



Fergie and Sixx Design in orange and black... these folks are collectively so edgy, they pull it off (barely).



Hope you had a great weekend!
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment