We have been working on a client bedroom project and have come across the most "dreamy" inspiration photos! But it got us thinking...what makes up a "dreamy" bedroom?
1) A space that is a true "escape" - leave the exercise equipment or a desk crowded with papers out of the bedroom, so it is truly dreamy!!
2) Ambiance and lighting. Put all your lighting on a dimmer in EVERY room, but especially in the bedroom. Make sure you have really good window treatments that allow light in when you want it and not, when you don't want it!! Consider adding blackout fabric to block out unwanted sunlight! Make sure you have several "levels" of lighting like overhead, reading lights and mood lighting... it is a bedroom after all ;)
3) Comfort and relaxation. Is your bedding REALLY as comfortable as you would like? Start off by making sure your mattress is still "good". If it looks like you are still sleeping there long after you have left, consider upping the ante and buying a new mattress. Is your bedding comfy and palatial? You spend about a third of your life in bed, your bedding should be welcoming and unfussy.
4) Functional. Yep, a bedroom still has to be functional so make sure you have the necessary items to make it work for you!
5) Meaningful. Yes, this is your dreamy escape zone - surround yourself with the things you really LOVE! Is there a piece of art that just makes your heart sing? If so, consider placing it opposite the bed so you see it when you first wake up in the morning! Do you have family that travels? Place a photo of your family on your bedside so they are the last thing you see at night when you are setting your alarm and are the first thing you see when you wake up!
What are your "ideals" for a dreamy bedroom?