Thursday, September 27, 2012

Lacquer Lust

While the trend's been around a while, lacquer walls are something I don't think I'll ever get sick of.  I loved it when Thom Felicia used them at the Kips Bay showhouse we attended as part of Blogfest last Spring in NYC... Those lacquer walls just slay me.


I recently stumbled onto designer Phoebe Howards' website and saw a more demure, subtle use of the technique...



Walls aside, how incredible is this room?!?  (We've long been a fan of the roman shade fabric, which we first saw as used by Frances Schultz in the Bee Cottage)



The roman shades, white furniture, X benches, diamond pattern sisal rug, the elegant sconces....Wow. Just. Wow.  

And it's all topped off with a tonal (built-in?) banquette. Perfection....


Do you love it too?

XO - B

Pin It

1 comment: