Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Head Over Heels for the Hamptons!

As I was cruising through this months issue of Elle Decor, I saw a "Charming Hampton's Makeover", which immediately caught my eye, as I used to spend my summers in Montauk (the East End's quieter, more casual summer spot).  I began reading the article and flipping through the images of interior designer Timothy Whealon's weekend home in Southampton, New York  (a far cry from the beat-up rental eight of us used to share!).
All photos above from Elle Decor

I paused to take in the beautiful entryway Timothy Whealon created, with the navy blue wall covering contrasting so boldly with the white trim and dark wood floors and accent stools.  Just perfection!  Initially, I couldn't quite figure out what lined the walls. It turns out that they are covered in Phillip Jeffries raffia.  The depth of color and texture adds such subtle personality to the walls; it is simply stunning.

After looking into Phillip Jeffries' wallpaper, which feature many textures including raffia, grass cloth, silk, tuxedo, quilted, sea grass, bamboo, silk, rattan (and the list goes on and on), I think I have found my new favorite wall covering.  Just look at these images!  It could have something to do with the phenomenal designers who created these rooms like Amanda Nisbet, Anne Hepfer, Bunny Sutherland, Hunter Barnes, Mabley Handler, Jamie Drake and many others...aren't they spectacular?!?

All images above from Phillip Jeffries

What do you think?
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment