Friday, October 15, 2010

Apartment Therapy: Hot House Tour

Do you keep up with Apartment Therapy's house tours?  I check them out from time to time, but rarely do I fall for one as much as I did Mike Lu's Upper West Side penthouse.  The Scalamandre dining room wallpaper had me at hello, and the tour just got better from there.  




My last two homes featured rooms of this color; I didn't realize I missed it.  And I'm loving the owl fireplace features - I'm going for the owl vs. the acorn as my new favorite fall motif.





The office features the most conservative design of the penthouse, when compared to the animal prints, lucite, and lacquered walls used in the other rooms:






My most favorite element of this space?  The mini chandeliers hung in each of the penthouses' three window seats.





The penthouse even flaunts the much coveted NYC roof deck, cozied up with lush plantings and subtle zebra accents.  From the view, I'm guessing this pad sits along Columbus in the West 90s - I had the same exact view of the same tall building out the back of my apartment several years ago!




To see the rest of this penthouse tour, click here.  Have a great weekend, and don't forget to enter our giveaway for a whimsical print by etsy seller Belly Babies by Monday at midnight!

Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment