Friday, October 19, 2012

Thom Filicia - An America Classic

We first met Thom Filicia (and I'll use that term extremely loosely) as we stood in line for an elevator and then took it together to the Kips Bay Showhouse in NYC during Blogfest 2012.  I adored his green lacquer room even more knowing that such a charming, delightful and gracious man created it.


I was totally psyched to see the spread in House Beautiful of Thom Filicia's upstate New York lake house in this month's issue.  And again, I found myself enamored with Thom Felicia and his work. He has such an honest sensibility.  If it doesn't make sense, he just doesn't do it.






He found his home in a derelict and neglected state and thought "Ah, this house needs me. And I need this house."  Isn't it awesome when things just click?  He designed his home to relax and entertain.






My favorite part?  Yep, the firepit down by the lake, where apparently things can get a little silly.  Oh to be a guest and enjoy all that craziness!!!




Check out this month's issue of House Beautiful for the full story and see more fabulous images!  And if you are interested in Thom Filicia's Lake House, you can pre-order his book on the house: "American Beauty".


I know what's on the top of my Christmas list!!

Cheers!
Becky

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment